Communications and Advocacy Officer - Remote position/home-based/flexible schedule
Six-month contract position (including three-month probationary period) with the potential of renewal
15 hours per week (flexible schedule) at $30.00 an hour, with the possibility to increase dependent on performance and funding
The Society of Queer Momentum (hereafter, Momentum) is accelerating social and gender
justice for 2SLGBTQIA+ people. We are a new non-profit organization engaged in advocacy and
coalition building. Momentum is seeking an individual to fulfill the exciting new role of Communications and Advocacy
Officer. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years in a similar role with demonstrated
- Coordinating advocacy and communications efforts
- Developing and implementing ongoing communication and outreach strategies
- Tracking and responding to a high volume of emails
- Fostering and maintaining collaborative relationships with partner organizations including across sectors
- Working remotely, independently, and collaboratively with strong time and project management skills
- Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent.
The position is home-based/remote. No relocation is required. Applicants must have a
workspace that protects the privacy of work-related activities including meetings held via
Momentum will not cover the cost of work spaces. Use of a personal computer and
reliable internet access are also required the cost of which will not be paid by Momentum.
English is primarily used in our work however preference will be given to candidates who are
proficient (read, write, speak) in both English and French.
Momentum is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from individuals
impacted by colonialism, racism, classism, sexism, able-ism, trans-phobia, homophobia, bi-
phobia, or other or multiple forms of oppression. Preference will be given to Black, Indigenous,
and racialized queer and trans people, as well as qualified candidates with disabilities, who are
neuro-diverse, or are new Canadians legally entitled to work in Canada. Self-identification by
candidates is completely voluntary.
Please submit your application by Monday, June 5th, 2023 at 5:00PM (Eastern). Your application
should include your CV, contact details for two professional references, and a cover letter,
merged into one PDF document. Your cover letter should explain:
- Why you are interested in the position
- How your experience qualifies you for the role
- Your preferred start date.
Applications and/or questions should be submitted to [email protected] with
“Communications and Advocacy Officer” in the subject line of the email.